Table of Contents
If you are planning to visit the UK for tourism, to see family and friends, for short-term business, for medical treatment, or for other reasons, you need to apply for a UK Visitor visa. In this guide, we will provide you with essential information about the requirements, documents needed, processing time, and fees for a UK Visitor visa from India.
Requirements for a UK Visitor Visa
- Genuine intention to leave the UK after your trip.
- Sufficient funds available to support yourself and your dependents during your trip.
- Ability to pay for your return or onward journey.
- Will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits or make the UK your main home.
Please contact Primus Solicitors in Manchester, UK, for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility and discuss your options.
To apply for a UK Standard Visitor visa from India, you must have at least £3500 or more in your bank account, and the last six months’ bank statements are required.
- Valid passport.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support your trip (e.g. bank statement);
- Proof of your annual income (e.g., payslips & employer details).
- Accommodation arrangements (your address while in the UK).
- Your travel dates to and from the UK (e.g., return flight tickets).
- Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there.
- Your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known).
- Details of any criminal, civil, or immigration offences you may have committed.
Depending on your circumstances, you might also need to provide additional documents such as details of your travel history for the past 10 years or a certificate proving that you’ve had a tuberculosis (TB) test.
The processing time for a UK Visitor visa from India is currently 3-7 weeks from the date of your appointment at the visa application centre. However, some applications might take longer, and it’s currently taking 7 weeks on average to get a decision on Standard Visitor visas from India.
- Standard Visitor visa – £100 (6-month visa)
- Standard Visitor visa for medical reasons – £200 (11 months)
- Standard Visitor visa for academics – £200 (12 months)
- 2-year long-term Standard Visitor visa – £376 (6 months per visit)
- 5-year long-term Standard Visitor visa – £670 (6 months per visit)
- 10-year long-term Standard Visitor visa – £837 (6 months per visit)
Please note that you will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or if your application is refused.
Hire our specialist immigration lawyer to help you through this process and ensure a successful outcome for your visitor from India Visa application. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your immigration matter.