If you have completed 5 years on an Unmarried Partner visa, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as an Unmarried Partner under the 5-year route. This article will provide you with the necessary information and requirements to apply for ILR as an Unmarried Partner.
Requirements for ILR as an Unmarried Partner
To qualify for a UK Unmarried Partner visa, you need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration.
- Your partner is British and holds indefinite leave to remain, limited leave to remain under Appendix EU, or limited leave to remain under Appendix ECAA.
- You are both over the age of 18.
- You have met in person and have lived together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least 2 years.
- Your relationship is genuine, and you intend to live together permanently.
- Any previous relationships have broken down permanently.
- You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds.
- There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents.
- You speak and understand English to the required level.
You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. If you want to determine your eligibility, please contact Primus Solicitors for an initial assessment and to discuss the options.
To demonstrate that you can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds, you need to satisfy a financial requirement.
The financial requirement for a UK Unmarried Partner visa application state that you need to demonstrate that your partner (or both of you jointly if you are in the UK with valid leave to remain) has a gross annual income of at least:
- £18,600; plus
- £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus.
- £2,400 for each additional child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national).
- Documents Required for ILR Application as an Unmarried Partner
When applying for ILR as an Unmarried Partner, you need to submit the following documents:
- Your current passport or other travel documents
- Details of any criminal convictions, if applicable
- Your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- Details of your accommodation in the UK
- Bank statements and details of your salary showing your sponsor can meet the minimum income threshold.
- Your sponsor’s British passport or Indefinite Leave to remain documents.
- Details of the countries outside the UK you’ve lived in and visited.
- Cohabitation evidence
- English language test
- Life in the UK test
You must also submit all the other supporting documents depending on your personal circumstances.
As one of the leading immigration lawyers, Primus Solicitors is registered with the Home Office and UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (decision within 24 hours) for ILR application as an Unmarried Partner.
Our immigration solicitors can prepare and submit your ILR application to the Home Office under Super Priority Service so that you can get the decision within 24 hours.
Hire our specialist immigration lawyer to help you through this process and ensure a successful outcome for your ILR application. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your immigration matter.