Table of Contents
Turkish Worker Visa Extension: Requirements and Information
If you’re currently in the UK as a Turkish Worker, you may be able to apply to extend your visa. Here’s what you need to know:
To be eligible for a Turkish Worker visa extension, you must meet the following criteria:
- You already have permission to stay in the UK as a Turkish Worker
- You have a valid Turkish Worker visa.
- You have not broken any immigration laws.
- If you have a partner or children who also need to extend their stay, they must apply separately, including children who have turned 21 during your stay.
Your partner and children can apply for a Turkish Worker Visa Extension and their permission to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they’re eligible. They must have a valid dependant visa. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours.
- When you apply to extend your Turkish Worker visa, you’ll need to provide:
- A currently valid passport and or another document that shows your identity and nationality e.g. nationality card.
- A biometric residence permit proving your current Turkish Worker visa.
- Proof of all your employment during your current stay in the UK, incorporating payslips and bank statements for the entire period you’ve worked in the UK.
- A blank page in your passport for the visa
If you’re an AU pair, you can provide a letter from your host family if you do not have payslips and bank statements. You may also be asked to get a police certificate for yourself and your family in the UK if you or they don’t already have one.
The length of time you can apply to extend your stay and what job you can do depends on how long you’ve legally worked in the UK.
3 to 4 years: Up to 1 year, and you can change employer but in the same occupation.
4+ years: Up to 3 years, and you can work in any occupation for any employer.
Hire our specialist immigration lawyers to help you through this process and ensure a successful outcome for your Turkish Worker Visa Extension application. Contact us today to learn more about our services, what we provide, and how we can assist you with your immigration matter.