Table of Contents
Tier 1 Investor Visa Requirements and Eligibility
The Tier 1 Investor Visa is for individuals who are able to invest a minimum of £2 million in the UK. This article outlines the eligibility requirements for the Tier 1 Investor Visa and the evidence needed to apply.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds.
- Prove that the investment funds belong to you or your spouse/partner.
- Open a UK-regulated bank account to use for your funds.
- Have funds that are held in one or more regulated financial institutions and are free to spend in the UK.
- Provide evidence of your investment funds
When applying for the Tier 1 Investor Visa, you will need to provide evidence of your investment funds. This can include:
- Documentation showing how much money you have and where it is being held.
- Proof of the source of the funds, if held for less than two years
- Confirmation that the funds can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling.
- A certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or proof of a long-term relationship
- A statement from your partner allowing you to control the funds in the UK.
- A legal advisor’s letter confirming the validity of the declaration.
- Settle after 5 years with a £2 million investment
- Settle after 3 years with a £5 million investment
- Settle after 2 years with a £10 million investment
The initial Tier 1 Investor Visa is valid for 3 years and 4 months. You can apply to extend your visa for an additional 2 years. The eligibility requirements for an extension may vary depending on when your initial visa was granted.
Hire our specialist immigration lawyers to help you through this process and ensure a successful outcome for your Tier 1 Investor Visa application. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your immigration matter.