Table of Contents
Applying for a UK Marriage Visitor Visa
If you’re over 18 and planning to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival, you’ll need to apply for a Marriage Visitor visa. This visa allows you to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK but requires you to leave the UK after 6 months.
- You’re 18 or over.
- You’re free to give notice of marriage, to marry, or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival.
- You’re in a genuine relationship.
- You’re visiting the UK for less than 6 months.
- You’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit.
- You’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits or make the UK your main home.
- You’re able to support yourself during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)
- You’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
- You have proof of any other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.
- Your current valid passport or other valid travel document.
- Details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you’ve paid money for some of its costs.
- Proof that you’re planning to get married in the UK, for example, booking confirmation or emails between you and the venue.
- Certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
- Other supporting documents depending upon your personal circumstances.
In 2022, the Home Office was taking 4-6 weeks to process a UK Marriage Visitor visa application. However, you may get a faster decision in a straightforward case, Or a slightly longer one if your specific case and its details are more complex and intricate.
Hire our specialist immigration lawyer to help you through this process and ensure a successful outcome for your marriage visitor Visa application. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your immigration matter.