Table of Contents
This guidance aims to provide information about applying for an Expansion Worker visa. We will cover eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
The Expansion Worker Visa (UK) is a new route for businesses to set up a branch of an overseas business that has not yet traded in the UK. This visa category is for high-ranking managers or specialist employees of an overseas business who are being relocated to the UK to establish a UK subsidiary of their workplace.
- Have and be able to provide a valid certificate of sponsorship (CoS) from your employer.
- Have worked for your current employer outside the UK.
- Currently do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations.
- Currently be paid the minimum eligible salary required for your job outlined in the governments rulings.
Please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility for this visa type and discuss your options going forward.
Your employer will require currently valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ for you, which will contain information about the role you will do in the UK.
You must be paid at least £42,400 per year or the current ‘going rate’/ minimum national standard for your job – whichever is higher. Check the going rate for your job in the going rates table provided by the government.
You must have worked for your employer outside of the UK for at least 12 months unless you’re either:
- earning over £73,900
- a Japanese national doing work for a Japanese company that is expanding to the UK.
You will need to submit the following documents in support of your UK Expansion Worker visa application:
- Your valid certificate of a sponsorship reference number
- A valid passport or any other document that proves your identity and nationality e.g. Nationality card
- Your job title along with your annual salary
- Your job’s occupation code
- The name of your current employer and their current, valid sponsor licence number
- Evidence that you have enough of your won personal savings to sustain yourself in the UK.
- Proof of your relationship with your partner or children (if they’re applying with you)
- A tuberculosis test results for yourself if you’re from a listed country.
You may be eligible to switch to a this type of visa from another if you’re already in the UK on a different type of visa, and you satisfy the eligibility requirements. Your partner and or children will need to apply separately from yourself to switch their visas.
You can apply to extend your Expansion Worker Visa (UK) if you meet certain requirements, including still having the same, current job title and being employed by the same employer who gave you your current certificate of sponsorship.
Expansion Worker Visa (UK) applications usually take three weeks to process. However, the processing time may be subject to change, if your supporting documents need to be verified or if you need to attend an interview.
For information about our solicitor fees for this type of visa applications, please contact us.
Our immigration solicitors in Manchester provide Expansion Worker visa application services worldwide. Contact us at 01612225860 or fill in the online enquiry form to receive legal advice, eligibility assessment and support with your application.
Hire our specialist immigration lawyers to help you through this process and ensure a successful outcome for your UK worker expansion Visa application. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your immigration matter.