Table of Contents
Guide to UK Innovator Visa Application and Requirements
If you are an international entrepreneur, innovator, or talented person looking to invest in the UK and obtain British Citizenship, the Innovator Visa may be the perfect opportunity for you. In this guide, we will provide information on the Visa application and requirements.
To be eligible for this visa, applicants must receive an endorsement from an approved endorsing body and have at least £50,000 to invest in their business. The Innovator visa route is for individuals who have experienced businesspersons seeking to establish a business in the UK. You must have an innovative, viable and scalable business idea that is approved and supported by an endorsing body. Innovator visas are valid for 3 years and can lead directly to indefinite leave to remain in the UK at the end of this period. You can bring your family members (dependants) with you on Innovator Visa.
The UK Innovator Route is for applicants who wish to start or pursue their innovative business ideas in the UK. For the Innovator visa, you will be expected to present a new business idea. Generally, the business will not already exist. However, where it does, the new business should not yet have fully started trading. Applicants can work on their own as a sole founder or together as part of an entrepreneurial team. Joint venture arrangements may also be acceptable. The business idea may relate to any sector, provided the business idea is sufficiently innovative, viable, and scalable.
- Be at least 18 years old or above.
- Have at least £50,000 available to invest in your UK business or have already invested £50,000 in your UK business.
- If applying to set up a new business venture, you have been endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body that has positively assessed your business idea for innovation, viability, and scalability and is satisfied;
- Your endorsement letter was issued not more than 3 months before the date of your Innovator visa application;
- You genuinely intend to undertake and are capable of undertaking, any work or business activity in the UK stated in your application.
- Satisfy English language requirement to at least CEFR Level B2 (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 in reading, writing, listening, and speaking);
- Have at least £1270 to support yourself, plus £285 for a dependent partner, £315 for a first child, and £200 for each additional child.
- Funds Requirement for Innovator Visa
You must show that your money is genuinely available and that you intend to use it for the purpose described in your forms. You will need to have at least £50,000 to invest in your business or have already invested the same amount in your UK business. Moreover, you may rely on money of your own or funding provided by your endorsing bodies. In addition to the funds, your business idea must be a viable and scalable business idea, meaning that, in practice, you may need to have more than £50,000 available to invest.
After 3 years of continuous residence on the innovator, you may be able to settle in the UK, provided that you meet at least two of the following conditions:
- You have invested and spent in your business at least £50,000;
- The number of your customers has at least doubled in the 3 years before your settlement application.
- The business has created at least ten full-time jobs for resident workers.
- Your business has generated gross revenue of at least £1 million.
- Your company has engaged in.
To receive detailed advice on your civil partner visa application, you can book an appointment with an expert immigration solicitor. The consultation can be held over the phone or in person, depending on your preference.
To ensure that your proposed civil partner visa application is successful, it’s vital to meet the requirements under Appendix FM and seek expert immigration lawyer advice. With the help of a specialist immigration lawyer, you can navigate the complex UK immigration system and increase your chances of a successful visa application.
Hire our specialist immigration lawyers to help you through this process and ensure a successful outcome for your UK innovator Visa application. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your immigration matter.